Wednesday 8 November 2017

Pressure



I've been thinking a lot lately about the pressure we place on ourselves. The pressure to be thin, the pressure to have the perfect job, the pressure to have the perfect relationship, the pressure to have the nicest house...get my point?

We place SO much pressure on ourselves to be something other then what we are exactly right now, in this moment, that we are always living 'for the future'. I'll be happy "when" comes to mind. Being a personal trainer I always felt the pressure to look a certain way, to be the Most fit person I know, to always be 'on point', no matter what time of year it was. That pressure led me to living my life avoiding the present, meaning, I was always looking for tomorrow, next week, next month, I was never happy with the present moment, with the way things were, with how I was. I missed out on so many fun times because I didn't feel I looked good enough, like times at the beach, or out on the town. Seems silly when I look back at the stress I caused myself in my twenties and thirties, but I have realized that it didn't stop with my body, it was something that flowed into the rest of my life too. I put pressure on myself to make good money, to have nice things, to be perfect in all areas, and it cheated me, I cheated myself, out of living presently, enjoying what I had rather then focusing on what I didn't have.

My challenge for you is to look at all areas of your life, what are you putting pressure on yourself about? How many things do you miss out on, or look towards the future to be happy, rather then seeing your life and the beautiful things in it today, right now, this moment?

Take some time to be thankful for you, for all you are and offer the world in this moment, and release the pressure from yourself, you deserve to be in love with everything today instead of waiting for the future to love it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment